What is a Sculptra® Collagen Rejuvenation treatment?
Sculptra® activates the skin’s natural regenerative process to help replenish lost facial collagen which reduces wrinkles and fine lines. Sculptra® consists of a poly-L-lactic acid, or PLLA and hypo-allergenic mixture of hyaluronic acid, which naturally occurs in our body’s skin and tissues. Hyaluronic acid increases facial volume when injected right under the skin and fills in fine lines and wrinkles. Over the course of 4-6 weeks after treatment, the Sculptra crystals stimulate collagen synthesis, and this rebuilds the skin's support structure. This treatment is even effective in treating deep lines, which can add years to your face. The most popular areas treated with Sculptra are the face, buttocks and hips.
Sculptra treatment may be used to achieve the following:
- Restores facial volume
- Stimulates your body’s own natural collagen
- Smooth out fine lines and wrinkles
- Natural results
- Gradual results so no one will visibly notice you had a procedure
- Improves skin texture
WHO IS NOT A CANDIDATE FOR Sculptra ® TREATMENT?
Consult with your primary health care provider before considering Sculptra. Anyone who has autoimmune problems should not consider this procedure. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins and herbal supplements. It is mandatory to have a consultation before signing up for any services. At Park Slope Laser Aesthetic Center our experts can provide you with the right treatment plan during your FREE consultation.
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS OF Sculptra® TREATMENT?
Because Sculptra is a hypo-allergenic procedure, side effects are rare but may arise. Some side effects of Sculptra may include: injection site bruising, tenderness, of hardness, discomfort, swelling and delayed appearance of small bumps.
Is Sculptra® the same as dermal filler?
Unlike regular dermal fillers, Sculptra is a volumizer that triggers collagen production. Although Sculptra is often labeled as a dermal filler, don’t confuse it with regular fillers like Juvederm, Belotero, Restylane, etc. The results with Sculptra are not instant as with other fillers.
WHAT IS THE COST OF Sculptra® TREATMENT NEAR ME?
An average cost for a Sculptra® treatment ranges depending on how many vials the patient will need. On average most studies have shown completing at least 3+ vials for face is essential as a standard protocol. Make sure to book our FREE consultation with our treatment provider at Park Slope Laser Aesthetic Center to be evaluated for your custom treatment plan catered to your needs.
WHAT IS THE PRE + POST AFTERCARE FOR Sculptra® TREATMENT?
Results could be expedited and enhanced by the proper skincare regimen by your treatment provider as directed.
- Stop taking blood thinner medication prior to starting treatment. Consult with your primary health care provider before starting treatment.
- Stop taking medication that may cause bruising or bleeding at least 1 week before treatment. This may include the following: Aspirin, Motrin, Advil and Ibuprofen, Aleve and Naproxen/ Naprosyn, Ginkgo Biloba, Vitamin A, E, etc.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 48 hours after treatment.
- Avoid medications and supplements that may increase bruising for 48 hours following treatment.
- Avoid sun and heat exposure for 24-48 hours
- Avoid alcoholic beverages for 24 hours after treatment.
- Wait 2 weeks before any other aesthetic treatment(s).
- Ice packs may be applied to areas of swelling after treatment.
HOW LONG DO THE RESULTS OF A Sculptra® TREATMENT LAST?
The Sculptra® treatment results typically last for up to 2 years after a series of sessions. It is recommended to continue Sculptra® as maintenance about once a year to prolong the results and build collagen to preserve the skin. Individual results may vary and consultation is required. At Park Slope Laser Aesthetic Center our experts can provide you with the right treatment plan during your FREE private consultation.