What are cosmetic injectables?
Cosmetic injectables is a broad term for the many procedures that are done to combat the effects of aging on the skin, especially in the face and neck. These procedures include:
- Fillers -- artificial and natural substances that fill deep wrinkles, hollows, and lines, or add volume
- Neurotoxins -- that temporarily smooth wrinkles by blocking nerve impulses to the muscles, causing them to relax
- Targeted fat cell treatment -- which reduces fat cells in problem areas
- Platelet-rich plasma therapy -- which use your our own blood to rejuvenate your skin
- Micro-needling -- that treat fine lines, scars, and overall texture and tone
What cosmetic injectables does Park Slope Laser Aesthetic Center offer?
The goal at Park Slope Laser Aesthetic Center in Brooklyn New York, is to offer a solution for all types of skin problems due to aging, excess fat, and scarring. To that end, the following services are available and a member of the team will sit down with you to find a treatment that is right for you, including:
- Plasma facials -- where blood is drawn from your body and the plasma and platelets are separated out and re-injected back into the skin you want to treat, which stimulates collagen and new skin cell growth.
- Botox® -- a neurotoxin that causes your muscles to relax, reducing certain wrinkles and lines.
- Juvéderm® -- which uses hyaluronic acid, a substance normally found in your skin, muscles and tendons, as a filler or volumizer.
- Kybella® -- which treats unwanted fat cells under your chin, reducing the appearance of a saggy neck, or double chin.
- Boletero® -- a filler that temporarily smooths and fils in moderate to severe folds or wrinkles from the side of your nose to the corner of your mouth.
- Eclipse Micropen Elite -- where a tool containing 12 micro-tips that are run over problem areas to improve fine lines, tone, texture, scarring, and pigmentation issues in the skin.
Platelet Rich Plasma - PRP Injections
What are the advantages of cosmetic injectables?
While each of these treatments is different, they have several things in common that differentiate them from more invasive, surgical procedures, including:
- Minimal downtime and side effects
- Less expensive than surgical alternatives
- Less risk of infection
- Short treatment duration
- In-office procedure
Botox and Juvederm Injections
*Individual Results May Vary