There was a time when hair removal was strictly considered a female thing. Unless you were a swimmer, male dancer, bodybuilder, cyclist, etc. but, this is not the case anymore. Experts claim that there has been a sharp increase in the number of men opting for laser hair removal treatments since the past decade. Men have started focusing on grooming themselves for a smooth, hairless body. Many men don’t want to be completely hairless but prefer their body hair to be thinned down from specific areas like the back, chest, etc. While there are other men who want to get their eyebrows waxed or remove the unibrow and give it a curvy shape. All these are small tactics for self-grooming. Apart from this, there are other areas like ears or back of the neck that require cleaning too. Simultaneously, some media reports claim that men now prefer getting bikini lasers too, just like females. Since the world has now evolved technologically, men have also grown in terms of personal grooming, just like women.
Laser hair removal is a medical process that uses a laser beam to remove unwanted hair. A laser emits light that is exposed to a particular area, that part of the body absorbs the pigment inside the hair. This happens when the light turns into heat, which damages the hair follicles. This damage then stops the hair growth for an extended time period. The treatment requires multiple sittings for initial removal followed by proper maintenance. It is most effective for people with dark hair or light skin but can be used for all skin types.
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
- The best thing about laser hair removal is getting rid of shaving or waxing. This is a very time-consuming task. Men often avoid wearing such clothes that reveal body hair. So, laser hair removal helps save money, time, and embarrassment.
- It will help you get rid of ingrown hair. Ingrown hair gets very painful in areas like the neck, groin, chest, etc. These are the common areas where men often get ingrown hair after shaving them off.
- It helps you smell better. Because less hair results in less sweat, this will remove the tension of bad body odor.
- Most people feel a significant or complete loss of hair growth. This will help save time even if you have little hair remaining. Especially for those who have razor burns or ingrown hair, it will be worth every penny you spend on it.
- The laser technician will give you the right treatment and information based on your skin type. It will help you see quick and effective results avoiding any unnecessary damage to your skin.
- Well, the best part is, you can now show off that summer beach body without thinking twice. Go to the beach, take off your shirt and show off those six-packs without worrying about that unwanted hair.
- Laser hair removal is the safest and the most effective process, no matter what area of the body. This is why more and more men have started opting for this treatment.
- It’s a one-time investment with some basic skincare, and you’re good to go!
Body Parts for Laser Treatment
The most popular body parts for laser hair removal for men are:
- Back of the neck
- The area between the eyebrows
Apart from these popular body parts, you can get laser for the following areas too:
- Bikini line
- Other parts
Things To Do Before The Treatment
Make sure you shave the area before getting your appointment because once the beam goes through the hair, it absorbs a lot of energy. It is essential to have short hair when the light passes through it and damages the follicle. If you don’t shave it, your technician will shave the area anyway. So, try doing it yourself.
- Stay Away From The Sun
Avoid going under the sun at least three weeks before your laser session. This is because if you get tanned or your hair gets bleached by the sun rays, it won’t work effectively as laser requires light skin and dark hair for best results. Apart from this, you wouldn’t like damaging your skin before the treatment. So, avoid the sun as much as you can.
- Discuss Your Skin Type
There are certain laser treatments suitable for specific skin types. So, make sure your technician knows and understands your skin type to avoid any mishaps. For example, people who have blonde, red or white hair won’t see effective results, so they should avoid getting it done.
- Avoid Work Out Post-Treatment
Your skin and body need rest. You are technically injuring your skin temporarily so, don’t exhaust yourself. Let it heal before getting into an intense workout, as it can cause swelling and discomfort in the affected areas. However, after about 48 hours, as per your technician’s instructions, you can work out, go under the sun, or a sauna or hot tub, whatever you like.
Although laser treatment is not a permanent solution, it’s the best option nowadays to get rid of unwanted hair or slow down hair growth for a longer time. It can save you from the hassle of shaving or going through the painful process of waxing every month. It’s a one-time investment with excellent results. Therefore, make sure you visit the best laser consultancy clinic for the best results.